Easy and Healthy Recipes for Your Corporate Visit
Trying to eat healthy while on your business trip? The best way to watch what you eat is to prepare food at home. Even if you’re short on time, you can make a quick meal. Here are a few short and easy meal ideas put together by Dharma Home Suites. These are healthy and delicious meal options for those who want to try a hand at meal prep during your corporate visit. They only use a few ingredients you can get from your local grocer or nearby supermarket.
The microwave mug recipes are based on using a 6oz cup. Remember to scale up in ingredients and microwave time if using larger cups. Microwaves also tend to vary in power, so check to see the food is cooked through.
Microwave Mug Blueberry Pancakes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup/ honey/ agave
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoons flavorless oil (canola, coconut, vegetable etc.)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon blueberries, frozen
- Whisk together all ingredients in a microwave safe mug. Mix thoroughly until no lumps.
- Microwave roughly for 1 minute (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Enjoy immediately!
- Top with a little maple syrup and some more blueberries
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon marinara sauce
- 1 generous tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 mini pepperonis
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian herbs (basil or oregano will work)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a microwavable mug
- Add in the milk and oil with whisk together. There might be some lump but that is ok
- Spoon on the marinara sauce and spread it around the surface of the batter
- Sprinkle on the cheese, pepperoni and dried herbs
- Microwave for 1 minute 10-20 seconds, or until it rises up and the topping are bubbling (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Enjoy straight away!
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites (or 3 eggs whole)
- 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese (or your choice of cheese, even torn slices work)
- 1 tablespoon diced green bell pepper (or your vegetable of choice, canned works too)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Combine egg, egg whites, cheese, bell pepper, salt, and black pepper in a pre-sprayed microwave safe mug.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir. Microwave another minute or so, depending on the microwave. Keep an eye on it.
- Top with extra cheese and chow down.
Spiced Green Tea Smoothie
- ¾ cup strong green tea, chilled
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon (2-3 TBSP)
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 small pear, skin on, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Drink cold.
Banana Almond Butter Toast
- Almond butter (or peanut butter)
- Banana slices
- Whole wheat bread slices
- Toast the bread
- Coat smoothly with almond butter
- Layer the banana slices
We hope this list will help you preparing easy healthy meals during your corporate visit. Eat up, and stay healthy.