Photo Courtesy of Lucas Sankey on Unsplash
Summer is a time to celebrate long days under the sun, no school for the kids, and perfect summer nights. As June enters its last week it’s important to start planning ahead and make the most of Independence Day Celebrations.
We know that regardless of where you are, taking the time to watch the fireworks is an activity you can’t miss! In preparation for this very special event Dharma has created a roundup of the best places to celebrate in both NYC and Miami. So regardless of where you’re staying in Hoboken, Jersey City, or spending the holiday at Miami Beach; Dharma Home Suites is here to make your next stay the best yet.
The Big Apple
4th of July is a time to celebrate America and what better way of doing it than at one of the greatest cities in the world and a diverse mecca for Americans and Tourists alike. There’s a little bit of everything for everyone and 4th of July is no exception:
- Dance the Night Away:
- Midsummer Night Swing: The Mambo Legends Orchestra
- Enjoy mambo music and join aficionados at Damrosch Park (at Lincoln Center) to keep up to the beat and celebrate this independence day in full swing.
- Fireworks from the Water
- Fourth of July Cruise
- The Hudson is known for many things, some of which are the diverse activities right on the edge but take the plunge this holiday and take the Fourth of July cruise to catch the best water views of the firework show.
- Sit Back Relax and Enjoy the Show
- Wasbassco’s Big Burlesque 4th of July Celebration
- Looking for an out of the ordinary experience? Come to a Burlesque show, recognized for its participants and iconic venue this show is a great way to have a blast even if you aren’t watching the fireworks!
- Garden’s Just Wanna Have Fun
- Brooklyn Grange Farm 4th of July Celebration
- Set in one of the hippest rooftops in Brooklyn the Grange Farm is a summer camp for adults and this year’s celebration is an annual tradition that might just be the best yet.
Welcome to Miami
Companionable beach walks, waterside barbecues, and fireworks; the beach is the ideal place to spend this National holiday and Miami has a reputation of putting the best foot forward when it comes to celebrating America’s Birthday. Check out several of the best parties out there:
- Parks and a Birthday Celebration
- America’s Birthday Bash at Bayfront Park
- Join neighbors and tourists alike at one of the biggest birthday bashes of the year at Bayfront Park. From kid-friendly areas to barbecue food and beer this is the ideal place to spend your 4th of July with both family and friends.
- Fireworks: 9:00 PM
- Parading Your Way Around
- We know the holidays are the perfect excuse to spend it outside but what’s the purpose of going outside without any entertainment? Check out the neighborhood parade and consecutive fireworks for some fun under the sun at Key Biscayne.
- Parade Time: 11:00 AM
- Walking on Sunshine
- Ocean Drive 4th of July Fireworks
- An iconic venue for an iconic show, Ocean Drive lights up at night for their annual show and whether you’re watching it from the beach or the water this show is as iconic as Miami gets.
- fireworks: 9:00 PM